[typo] [ANN] Release of Typo 6.0.7 - Bug Fixes

Frederic de Villamil frederic at de-villamil.com
Wed Aug 10 13:29:02 EDT 2011

Hello,

After releasing Typo 6.0.6, we realized that we left a few critical bugs unfixed. It seems that none of us actually ran our tests against Ruby 1.9.2, and things that were working under certain circumstances were breaking against a different environment.

So this release provides nothing bug bug fixing, which is not so bad, after all.

File upload was completely broken due to a behavior change in ActionDispatch::Http::UploadedFile between Rails 3.0.2 and Rails 3.0.3. File upload in itself is pretty hard to test, and we failed at this point.

Image resize was completely broken too due to a version change of mini_magick. Reverting back to mini_magick 1.3.3 did the trick.

Under PostgreSQL, initial migration would set an empty post_type despite a default set to read. It seems that PostgreSQL won't fill the field value when created with existing inserts.

Mathieu Poussin added Recaptcha support on all bundled themes.

Pages view was broken under Ruby 1.9.2 due to an encoding issue. There was also an encoding bug in post_type edition and creation.

Despite extensive testing, pagination was broken due to a buggy will_paginate 3.0.4 beta. Reverting to 3.0.2 did the job.

Last but not least, a change in the way Google handles RSS queries caused dashboard load to take ages.

That's all (for now). We'll try to to better this time.

Cheers,
The Typo team.
--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player proverb