[typo] [ANN] Release of Typo 6.0.6 – a huge one

Frederic de Villamil frederic at de-villamil.com
Tue Aug 2 16:13:03 EDT 2011

Le 2 août 2011 à 21:16, Petri Wessman a écrit :

> On 08/02/2011 02:20 PM, Frederic de Villamil wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> 5 weeks after releasing Typo 6.0.5, we're proud to release Typo 6.0.6 into the wild.
>
> Grats on the release! Just to rain on your parade a tiny bit, I'll
> report a few issues:
>
> - for some reason, loading up the Dashboard takes a very long time. This
> happens both on my local installation and on the demo installation at
> http://demo.typosphere.org/admin
>
> - the image upload bug I reported earlier (the one you could not
> replicate) is still there. *And* it also seems to exist on the
> http://demo.typosphere.org installation so it's not just a local issue
> on my end. I just tried to upload a 45k jpeg image to
> demo.typosphere.org (via admin/Media) and got the same buggy result: no
> image uploaded, just a 54 byte file. The first attempt was with Chrome,
> I tried again with Firefox just to be sure: same result. Also tried from
> another Windows computer, to make sure it's not a Linux browser thing.
> Nope, same problem.
>
> So you now have a place where you can replicate the bug:
> demo.typosphere.org :) Log in as admin and try to upload a (jpeg) image
> and see what happens.
>
> -Petri

Hi Petri,

Point #1 is caused by the query on blogsearch.google.com not being valid anymore that causes a timeout. I'm pushing a fix for that one.

I was able to reproduce point #2 earlier today, just before announcing the release while uploading a picture on our freshly updated blog. We're taking this issue very seriously and are working hard to solve it. We'll release a bugfix version as soon as we fix those two.

Thank you for using Typo
Best regards

Frederic
--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player proverb