[typo] Installation typo6.0.4 failed on Ruby 1.9.2 and rails3.0.5

Matijs van Zuijlen matijs at matijs.net
Sun Apr 17 05:27:52 EDT 2011

Hi Ken,

On 03/24/2011 02:48 AM, ken wang wrote:
> I installed the sqlite3,and also copied the sqlite dll to ruby's bin
> dir. Anyone can tell me what's wrong with my opeoration?
> 1 When using the default database.yml, and change the password to my
> local paasword.
> When exec bundle install, mysql 2.8.1 is installed.
> Then exec rake RAILS_ENV=production db:create, return already exists as
> ECHO1 in attachs:

If you want to use sqlite3, you have to also set the adapter to sqlite3 in the
database.yml. Since you didn't do that, bundler will install mysql for you.

Segmentation faults in Ruby are really outside the scope of Typo. You may have
better luck contacting a mailing list related to the mingw distribution of Ruby
you're using.

> 2 I changed the configuration of database and gemfile. Replace all the
> mysql to mysql2.
> When exec bundle istall, it using the mysql2 (0.2.6)
> When exec rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migrate, returns as ECHO2 in
> attachs:

This looks more promising ...

> 3 when change the database config as follows:
> production:
>    adapter: mysql2
>    encoding: utf8
>    database: typo
>    pool: 5
>    username: root
>    password: '123456'
> development:
>    adapter: mysql2
>    encoding: utf8
>    database: typo_dev
>    pool: 5
>    username: root
>    password: '123456''
> rake RAILS_ENV=production db:create is successful
> rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migrate failed in the executing. As ECHO3
> in attachs::

Now this is interesting :-). It seems this fails with Ruby 1.9.2, whereas it
works fine with Ruby 1.8.7.

I've made a patch that fixes this error (see attachment). You will have to
re-create the database, so do a db:drop, db:create, db:migrate.

I will commit this patch to github as well.