[typo] Integrating Paperclip

Matijs van Zuijlen matijs at matijs.net
Tue Sep 14 01:59:11 EDT 2010

On 09/14/2010 12:24 AM, Gabriel Williams wrote:
> I just started using Typo and have it installed on Heroku.  Heroku
> doesn't allow files to be written to disk (at least not permanently) so
> I'm thinking of using Paperclip to handle file uploads and persisting on
> Amazon S3.  So I have a couple questions:
> 1. Has anyone else integrated Paperclip (or any other file upload plugin
> that supports S3 like attachment-fu) with Typo before?

It seems someone else is working it, but it doesn't seem like he got very far yet:

Maybe you can combine forces?

> 2. It looks like there are two separate components where Typo handles
> uploading files, the filemanager stuff and the CKeditorController.  Is
> that actually the case or is there something I'm missing?  I've just
> started to dive into the code and dig around so I wouldn't be surprised
> if I've overlooked something.

I must admit this is a part of the code I know very little about, but you will
definitely need to take into account Admin::BaseHelper#show_thumbnail_for_editor
and Admin::ResourcesHelper#show_thumbnail. And of course you'll have to rewrite
the Resource model, but that's kind of the point of integrating paperclip.

Let us know how you're doing.