[typo] Integrating typo into website

Matijs van Zuijlen matijs at matijs.net
Mon Sep 6 15:47:40 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

On 08/19/2010 01:44 AM, Tim Sitnikov wrote:
> Is there a way to integrate typo into web site?  I would like most of my
> pages to have other content, and one of my pages would have the Typo
> blog but it would use my layout and typo blog would be inserted into it,
> similar to how<%= yield  %>  inserts content. Or is there software
> better suited for this.

I also have typo integrated into a larger web site. I did this by installing
typo in a sub-uri (http://www.matijs.net/blog/), and creating a typo theme with
the look I wanted for the entire web site. All my other pages match the HTML
typo would generate, and use typo's style sheets.

If the rest of your web site is also a Rails app then perhaps you're really
looking for a blogging plugin. In that case, have a look at the following URLs
(caveat: I haven't tried any of these):

http://github.com/pullmonkey/simple_blog
http://www.williambharding.com/blog/rails/bloggity-an-evolving-rails-blog-plugin/
http://github.com/bscofield/bloget