[typo] New user profile and permission option

Matijs van Zuijlen matijs at matijs.net
Sun Nov 28 06:02:26 EST 2010

Hi Filipe,

On 11/05/2010 08:07 PM, Filipe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are planning to add to Typo a new user profile role plus a permission
> option.
>
> Basically, the role is called "Moderator" and all the articles posted by
> this kind of user needs to be approved by the admin before they get
> published.
>
> Would you accept to aggregate this on typo?

That sounds like a good option to have.

I would not call it "Moderator" though, because that sounds like someone who
does the approving, rather than someone who needs approval.

The kind of user you're proposing is basically a variation on 'Contributor'.
This means there are two options: Either you want all Contributors to need
approval, which means you need to change the Contributor role, or you want some
Contributors to need approval, which means you need an extra role.

I personally feel there should not be too many different kinds of users. If
someone needs something fancy with all kinds of workflow processes, maybe a blog
is not the right platform and they should be using a CMS.

To make a long story short: If you add this role to your copy of typo and
publish it on github, we'll take a look at it and see if we want to integrate it.

Kind regards,
--
Matijs