[typo] multi-site/multi-blog support?

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Fri Mar 26 06:15:02 EDT 2010

Le 26 mars 2010 à 04:07, Craayzie McLovin a écrit :

> Hi guys - is it possible to run Typo in a multi-site/multi-blog configuration such as http://site[1-n].domain.com/blog[1-n]/ ?  We're looking for a rails blogging framework similar to WPMU + multi-site support (so multiple blogs on multiple sites) and are wondering if Typo would be a good fit.
>
> Thanks!
> - Craayzie

Hello,

Multi blog and multi sites have been Typo's Nessie for a few years now. People have been talking about it, some even said they had coded a patch to have it done, but no one has ever seen it.

I'm not sure giving Typo multi blog support is really a good idea after trying to make it lighter. It would be useful for some people, like hosting companies, but, on the other hand, it would be overkill for end user, and I don't  want to build another gas factory.

Maybe a parallel project would be better, but we don't have that much people developing Typo to split the project.

Best regards,
Frédéric

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player proverb