[typo] Poll : shall we remove Typo enclosure and iTunes related feature

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Wed Mar 24 17:14:27 EDT 2010

Hello,

Once again, we're back on our favorite code editor, working on a
better, lighter Typo. Which means removing useless, or at least unused
parts first.

Maybe you didn't know about it, but Typo has native podcast publishing
feature. Just fill in some settings, attach your article a MP3 and
you're done. We've been wondering for a while if you, Typo users, were
actually using those feature, or if they were just a useless burden on
our favorite weblog engine. If we realize no one actually use them,
we'll eventually drop them from the next release. The only question
will be wether or not we should leave backward compatibility, and
that's the reason why we've setup that quick poll http://blog.typosphere.org/poll-shall-we-remove-typo-enclosure-and-itunes-related-feature.html
. We'd be really glad if you took a minute to answer.

In the meanwhile, we'll be working on improving our attachments and
media library, but that's a another feature we'll discuss later.

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player