[typo] Release of Typo 5.4.2 Willy Ronis

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Sat Jan 23 14:03:32 EST 2010

Good evening,

3 weeks after releasing Typo 5.4.1, and only 1 month after releasing
Typo 5.4, we’re happy to release Typo 5.4.2, an important bugfix
release. Don’t expect many feature here, even though we thought about
some of them, it’s really a bugfix, and nothing else.

Typo 5.4.2 is avaliable as a source package on Rubyforge http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=555&release_id=42418
, or as a gem from Gemcutter.

== Features
* We’ve split the attachments between images and non images assets.
Provided you’re using the simple editor, you can now use a fancy
images carousel and insert your images in your text within a single
click. This comes with a nice set of thumbnails.

* Finally, the long awaited “forgot my password” link is here. It will
send you a new password whenever you lose yours. Cool isn’t it?

* We’ve also done some optimization in the way Typo sends assets and
manages cache. CSS and Javascript are now sent into 1 file, making
them faster to load. RSS generation has also been fastened up.

== Bugs
* A bug screwing up the editor when switching from simple to visual,
causing users to lose their content when switching. Fixing that is a
good reason to release today in itself.

* A bug preventing your registration email to go when creating your
account, making you lose your password unless you change it manually
before logging out.

* Fixed a security issue making the user passwords to be logged in
clear in the application logs.

* Fixed a bug causing CKEditor to crash under MS Windows due to the
lack of symlinks on windows.

* That’s all folks. See you in a while for our next update!

We hope you enjoy your Typo experience,

Your Typo team

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player