[typo] Typo Blog eMail Notification

Fabiano Francesconi fabiano.francesconi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:32:27 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 03:41:54PM +0200, de Villamil Frédéric wrote:

> Le 15 avr. 2010 à 15:07, Fabiano Francesconi a écrit :

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Didn't see that thread sorry.
> >> Just go into the admin, edit your profile, chose to be notified when someone is posting a comment, save.
> >>
> >> And you're done.
> >>
> >> In the future, I'll make this mandatory for every admin and publisher user.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Frédéric
> >>
> >> --
> >> Frédéric de Villamil
> >> "What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player proverb
> >> frederic at de-villamil.com                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
> >> http://t37.net				             	Typo : http://typosphere.org

> > Kind of blind, here. eheh.
> > Thanks for pointing that out.
> >
> > I've marked two checkboxes: "Send notification messages via email" and
> > "Send notification messages when comments are posted".
> >
> > My email address is set into User's settings section; into Settings →
> > Feedback → Source Email there's my mailbox (the same that's into User's
> > settings page).
> >
> > Still cannot receive emails.
> >
> > I tried to take a look at the logs and the only line that makes me
> > suspicious is the following one:
> >
> > [SP] Scanning IP 192.168.0.254
> > Sent mail to
> > Completed in 1534ms (View: 50, DB: 60) | 200 OK
> >
> > There's my LAN IP (and that's ok); the second lines shows an incomplete
> > line (for how I see it). Seems like my email address isn't read from the
> > db.
> >

> Please, can you tell me if your Typo is running in production or development mode?
> And if your server can actually send emails ?
> And does your user have an email ?
>

> --
> Frédéric de Villamil
> "What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player proverb
> frederic at de-villamil.com                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
> http://t37.net				             	Typo : http://typosphere.org

By running Typo in development mode I can see the whole message.
To: and From: mail addresses are correct .

The mail isn't dispatched.

How can I test if server can send emails?

I'll write here my mail configuration:

method: :smtp
settings:
  :address: mygmailusernameatgmaildotcom
  :port:    587
  :domain:  smtp.gmail.com
  :authentication:  :login
  :user_name: mygmailusername
  :password: mygmailpassword

Shouldn't be enough?

--
Fabiano Francesconi [GPG key: 0x81E53461]