[typo] Blog defaulting to rss feed

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Fri Sep 4 05:41:17 EDT 2009

Le 4 sept. 2009 à 11:37, Michael Dever a écrit :

> Or is there a way to set a low lifetime on anthing thAt is a feed?
> Like maybe a minute? The problem would still be there, but reduced.
>
> Regards,
> michael
>
> On Friday, September 4, 2009, Matijs van Zuijlen <matijs at matijs.net>
> wrote:
>> Michael Dever wrote:
>>> Yep, seems to be sorted. Thats a strange bug. I wonder why that
>>> happens,
>>> is it just Typo, or do you know of it occurring with other rails
>>> apps?
>>
>> I found this page:
>>
>>    http://railsenvy.com/2007/2/28/rails-caching-tutorial
>>
>> which says:
>>
>>    Yup, page caching is going to ignore all additional parameters
>> on your url.
>>
>> So it should be a problem with all rails apps.
>>
>>>     It seems to happen sometimes on Rails app using caches_page and
>>>     serving both html and xml.
>>>     I have not found a workaround yet.
>>
>> So my guess is that this happens whenever a URL like
>>
>>   http://your.blog.org/?format=rss
>>
>> (which caches like index.html!) is accessed before
>>
>>   http://your.blog.org/
>>
>> gets a chance to cache its version. I don't really see a solution
>> for this: Is
>> there a way to make Rails ignore parameters supplied this way?

Hello,

Because of some other issues, I've planning to rewrite our cache
system from scratch. It will take some time and I'm not sure I'll be
able to do it before the next release, but it may also solve the HTML
VS XML issue.

Cheers,
Frédéric

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player