[typo] Atom feed is fragile?!?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:31:48 EDT 2009

I'm having lots of problems getting the atom feed for my blog to validate.
One issue was in my article about the text filter I had the following
snippet in the post

<typo:code>
<typo:tweetmeme>
</typo:code>

To show an example of how to use the new macro.  It looked fine when viewing
the page, but Safari and other browsers can't read the atom feed because
somehow the <typo:tweetmeme> is being put into the feed without any
escaping.

I tried ALL kinds to ways to fix this, like changing < to &lt; and > to &gt;
but the feed still had the bare tag.  I finally had to resort to replacing
the example with an IMAGE.

But as I try to work through other feed validation errors I run into things
like spurious </div> tags that I can't find in the page source.  Some of
these I've tracked down to errors in my articles (I have a tendency to user
xhtml.

Is anyone else seeing things like this.

For what it's worth I'm currently using the Typographic theme.

--
Rick DeNatale