[typo] Having problems upgrading

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:41:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Ben Burdick <bburdick at gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe that it is most likely the actionwebservice gem (which typo
> depends on) you have installed that is making the call to actionpack 1.13.3
>
> Try this: sudo gem install datanoise-actionwebservice --source
> http://gems.github.com
>
> That you will you the latest maintained version of actionwebservice that
> doesn't depend on legacy gems.
>
> Ben

Thanks, that got me past that.

Are you the Ben Burdick I know?

I've now gotten Typo 5.2 running under passenger on my macbook, and thanks
to a friend who'd saved my RSS feeds managed to re-enter the articles which
hadn't gotten backed up before the crash.

My next goal is to set this up to deploy to my Ubuntu server using
capistrano, passenger, and git for the code repository.  Does anyone know of
a good how-to, to save me struggling though myself?

Besides the deployment questions, I'm a little confused by the new article
editing UI.  The old UI had separate labeled areas for the section of the
article to be shown on the main page, and for extended content (if any).
 Now there's an unlabeled text area with a section below for an excerpt. I
tried using the excerpt for what goes on the main page, but it still shows
the whole article there. How is this supposed to work now.  My preferences
are to be able to excerpt articles on the main page, but put the whole
article in RSS feeds.

I feel a little bit like Rip Van WInkle (or maybe Woody Allen's character in
Sleeper) having fallen asleep in Typo 4.1, and waken up in 5.2

--
Rick DeNatale