[typo] [ANN] Release of Typo 5.2.98

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Sat Mar 14 17:16:43 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I've released tonight Typo 5.2.98, which is the first release
candidate for Typo 5.3. Only 1 month and half after releasing Typo 5.2
as a major release, here is another one with a consequent bunch of
evolutions.

Let's have a quick glance at them together

* The main goal for Typo 5.3 was the dynamic permalink scheme, which
forced us to completely rewrite our URL generation system and our
cache system.

* Feedburner support directly into your admin.

* Semi static caching was buggy, and heavy, so we removed it. Typo now
only does static caching.

* Text filters configuration are now on a per user and on a per
article basis. When migrating, all users will be given the blog
default's text filter.

* More performance improvement, Typo is really fast now

* Even more SEO capabilities. Tags and categories can be removed from
search engines, using noindex, removed from sitemap.xml, and Typo now
has a robots.txt editor.

* Old drop down menus were replaced with some fancy calendar like date
pickers.

* Notifications for sidebar save and autosave are now done using
growler, a nice growl like javascript thing.

* Inline editor switching à la Wordpress. Isn't that one cool?

* Admin can now deactivate users.

You can download Typo at http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=555&release_id=32223
  or install the gem the traditionnal way.

Cheers,
Your Typo team

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player