[typo] [ANN] Release of Typo 5.2.98
de Villamil Frédéric
frederic at de-villamil.com
Sat Mar 14 17:16:43 EDT 2009
I've released tonight Typo 5.2.98, which is the first release
candidate for Typo 5.3. Only 1 month and half after releasing Typo 5.2
as a major release, here is another one with a consequent bunch of
Let's have a quick glance at them together
* The main goal for Typo 5.3 was the dynamic permalink scheme, which
forced us to completely rewrite our URL generation system and our
* Feedburner support directly into your admin.
* Semi static caching was buggy, and heavy, so we removed it. Typo now
only does static caching.
* Text filters configuration are now on a per user and on a per
article basis. When migrating, all users will be given the blog
default's text filter.
* More performance improvement, Typo is really fast now
* Even more SEO capabilities. Tags and categories can be removed from
search engines, using noindex, removed from sitemap.xml, and Typo now
has a robots.txt editor.
* Old drop down menus were replaced with some fancy calendar like date
* Notifications for sidebar save and autosave are now done using
* Inline editor switching à la Wordpress. Isn't that one cool?
* Admin can now deactivate users.
You can download Typo at http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=555&release_id=32223
or install the gem the traditionnal way.
Your Typo team
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player
frederic at de-villamil.com tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
http://t37.net Typo : http://typosphere.org
More information about the Typo-list