[typo] how load plugin

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Sun Mar 8 07:01:46 EDT 2009

Le 8 mars 09 à 09:52, Darius a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I try load related_posts plugin from http://github.com/fdv/typo_related_posts/trunk
> , install successful. But get error:
>
> |undefined local variable or method `render_related_posts' for
> #<ActionView::Base:0xb63fa104>
>
> it seems like plugin aren't load, but how load it ?

Hello,

This plugin was coded very quickly, without a real release purpose
(for my own use)...

The readme is wrong, to install it you need to

./script/plugin install git://github.com/fdv/typo_related_posts.git

or

git clone git://github.com/fdv/typo_related_posts.git
and move the typo_related_posts directory into you Typo vendor/plugins

Then, you need to call it in the read.html.erb of your theme:

<%= render_related_posts %>

Oh, and I fear you'll have to translate it because it has 99.9% of
chances to be in french.

Regards,
Frédéric
--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player