[typo] Typo and feedburner

Mike Mondragon mikemondragon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:38:40 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Harry Seldon
<ruby-forum-incoming at andreas-s.net> wrote:
> Hey (again) guys,
> If you have a look at this post (1) about Rails heroes RSS feeds you
> will see that they all use feedburners. My question is how to use
> feedburner with Typo?
> For instance how to change the feed address that appears when clicking
> on the RSS logo in firefox url bar (or its equivalent in Safari)?
> How to change the address appearing in the syndication sidebar?
> Thx

This is what I do to redirect everyone to FeedBurner in my Apache
VirtualHost for Typo.  Only FeedBurner itself is allowed to get the
feed directly.  You won't have to hack Typo itself.

  RewriteEngine On
  # 302 temporary, 301 permanent
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}  !^FeedBurner/.*
  RewriteRule ^/xml/rss20/feed.xml$
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mondragon/PQVR [R=302,L]
  RewriteRule ^/xml/atom/feed.xml$
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mondragon/PQVR [R=302,L]