[typo] Typo and feedburner

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Sun Mar 1 10:53:18 EST 2009

Le 1 mars 09 à 15:53, Cyril Mougel a écrit :

> Harry Seldon a écrit :
>> Cyril Mougel wrote:
>>
>>> Harry Seldon a �crit :

>>> I use a rewrite url in my nginx configuration to redirect to
>>> feedburner.
>>>

>> Thx Cyril,
>> Heu, never heard about nginx I am on a shared host. Isn't there a
>> solution using Typo? As it is really standard nowadays to use
>> feedburner, a simple solution would be appreciated.
>>
>> Btw the (1) was for http://harryseldon.thinkosphere.com/2009/02/03/read-your-rails-heroes
>>  .
>>

> If you want redirect to feedburner, you need Hack typo code.
>
> In your app/controller/articles_controller.rb, in block format.rss {}
>
> You need check if user-agent is feedburner or not. If not
> feedburner, you need redirect to feedburner feed. Instead of you
> need render partial.
>
> A little hack (not tested is)
>
> format.rss
> {                                                                            if
>  request.env["HTTP_USER_AGENT"][/Feedburner/]
> render :partial => 'articles/rss20_feed', :object =>
> @article.published_feedback
>      else
>         redirect_to 'http://feeds2.feedburner.com/ProgDreamShiny'
>     end
> }
>
> Maybe a feature request to define that in a plugin is a good thing.

I've been willing to do this for a while now.
I've opened a feature ticket on Lighthouse : http://fdv.lighthouseapp.com/projects/11171-typo-blog/tickets/51-add-feedburner-support-from-the-admin

This will be included in the nex release.
Cheers,
Frédéric
--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player