[typo] [ANN] Typo 5.2 for Rails 2.2 released

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Sun Jan 25 11:30:56 EST 2009

We're very pleased and proud to announce the release of Typo 5.2
"Helmut Newton" for Rails 2.2, the famous blogging engine, 4 months
after our last release.

Typo 5.2 is more than a simple port from Rails 2.0.2 to Rails 2.2,
it's a major, deep, rewrite of the application. We've ditched lot of
code, aiming at stability and performance, dividing Typo's memory
footprint by 4 on some large blogs.

We've also fixed a huge, very huge amount of bugs, too many to be told
here, actually, from functionnal aberrations to security breaches. See
the CHANGLOG for more information.

There are also some new features.

* A brand new admin, focusing on both efficiency and usability.
* The new editor, coming with easy to use XHTML quicktags toolbar for
people who don't like FCK Editor.
* Search engine optimization everywhere on your blog. Too much to say
* A new theme catalogue, allowing you to browse and download up to
date themes from your Typo install.
* Our old code syntax highlighting plugin has been replaced with
* Excerpts, that allow you to display on your index something
completely different as on your article, which won't appear on your
RSS feed.
* Our <em>live search</em>, which was so hype 2 years ago has been
replaced with a more traditionnal and clearer search engine and left
as a plugin.

And many more you can read about on the official release note: http://blog.typosphere.org/2009/01/25/typo-5-2-helmut-newton-for-rails-2-2-released

You can download Typo 5.2 on Rubyforge: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=555
  or using the good old gem
Install Typo from sources: http://wiki.github.com/fdv/typo/install-typo-from-sources
Install with Typo installer: http://wiki.github.com/fdv/typo/install-typo-with-typo-installer

Once again, thank you to every contributor who made it possible.
Hope you'll enjoy.

Frédéric and Cyril
Frédéric de Villamil