[typo] Release of Typo 5.1.98 for Rails 2.2

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Sun Jan 4 13:17:39 EST 2009

Hi list

Time has passed since we moved to Github, and Cyril and I have been
quite busy working on the next major version of Typo. Migrating from
Rails 2.0 to 2.2 was not an easy trip, but we did it and we now can
look forward with pride.

Typo 5.1.98 is the release candidate for Typo "Helmut Newton" 5.2,
meaning all the work done so far since last September is almost done.
So, what?

Typo 5.2 was half rewriting the existing with bugs removal and
performances in sight and half adding new features. For the first
part, the job was hard, but we've divided the memory footprint by 4
for a blog with a hundred articles and a thousand of posts, and the
results are faster.

For the features part, Typo comes with :

* Brand new admin, easier to use. We've worked on usability and
simplicity, rethinking the whole blogging experience.

* SEO improvements. We've added lots of SEO related things like the
ability to choose categories meta keywords and description, remove
duplicate titles, descriptions and keywords between pages, clever

* Coderay support for more code syntax hilghlighting

* Default live search is now brought to you as a separate sidebar
plugin and search internals and results display have been completely
rewriten for a better result.

And so many things that I can't write them down

You can instal Typo 5.1.98 with the gem or download it at

Install Typo from the gem:

Install Typo from sources:

You can also install:
Up to date plugins : http://github.com/fdv/