[typo] being stupid with Enterprise Ruby and Typo from github

Amol Hatwar amol at hatwar.org
Tue Feb 24 12:07:19 EST 2009

> *Snip*.
>
> After deleting the empty vendor/rails directory I did a "git status"
> which returned no modified files. Is this git standard behaviour to
> not track directories?

It is git standard behavior to not track empty directories... Thats
why people litter .gitignore files everywhere if the directory is to
be retained.

> In this case, that was the cause of a lot of trouble. I checked out
> typo from github with the vendor/rails directory existing. It would
> be best I guess to delete it upstream.

If it causes problems, I guess it indeed would be best.

> As soon as I'm back home I am also going to update the Typo Wiki on
> github as to what gems you need to have so typo will work after
> checkout.

Also, it will be a neat idea to require gems right in the config/
environment.rb. Recent rails have a config.gem statement that allows
you to do just this -- define gem dependencies.

Cheers,

Amol Hatwar
http://hatwar.org/epilogue/