[typo] being stupid with Enterprise Ruby and Typo from github

Cyril Mougel cyril.mougel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 05:26:28 EST 2009

Tobias Weisserth wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> it was a weird issue with my setup on my box. I was using Ruby
> Enterprise Edition and its gems. When invoking "sudo gem ..." however,
> a different gem binary got invoked although the Enterprise gem binary
> should have been invoked instead according to what's in my PATH. It
> has to do how sudo treats environment variables.
>
> I figured it out. However, I still can't get a "rake db:migrate" to
> work, due to the "can't activate actionpack (= 1.13.6, runtime),
> already activated actionpack-2.2.2" issue which already has a
> Lighthouse ticket. Any idea?
>
> Just to be sure, I add the list of gems I have installed and which are
> used:
>
> actionmailer (2.2.2)
> actionpack (2.2.2, 1.13.6)
> actionwebservice (1.2.6)
> activerecord (2.2.2, 1.15.6)
> activeresource (2.2.2)
> activesupport (2.2.2, 1.4.4)
> cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.5.0)
> columnize (0.3.0)
> daemons (1.0.10)
> fastthread (1.0.1)
> flexmock (0.8.4)
> gem_plugin (0.2.3)
> htmlentities (4.0.0)
> json (1.1.3)
> linecache (0.43)
> mongrel (1.1.5)
> mongrel_cluster (1.0.5)
> mysql (2.7)
> passenger (2.0.6)
> postgres (0.7.9.2008.01.28)
> rack (0.9.1)
> rails (2.2.2)
> rails-app-installer (0.2.0)
> rake (0.8.3)
> rspec (1.1.12)
> ruby-debug (0.10.3)
> ruby-debug-base (0.10.3)
> ruby-debug-ide (0.4.4)
> sqlite3-ruby (1.2.4)
> typo (5.2)
> will_paginate (2.2.2)
>
> So you can see, both versions of actionpack are installed.
>
> I'd really like to spend some free time after work (where I do Java EE
> all day) on Typo and Rails. There are some small itches I'd like to
> scratch myself in Typo and of it's any good, you're happy to have them.
In your list of gem you didn't have datanoise-actionwebservice-2.2.2
gem. So Typo want load actionwebservice but when you have a old
actionwebservice it load this.

So you can check :

1) Have you a freezing version of actionwebservice in
/vendor/actionwebservice/ ?
2) Can you launch command  rake gems and paste his output ?

--
Cyril Mougel
http://blog.shingara.fr