[typo] being stupid with Enterprise Ruby and Typo from github

Tobias Weisserth tobias.weisserth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:14:03 EST 2009

Hi there,

it was a weird issue with my setup on my box. I was using Ruby Enterprise
Edition and its gems. When invoking "sudo gem ..." however, a different gem
binary got invoked although the Enterprise gem binary should have been
invoked instead according to what's in my PATH. It has to do how sudo treats
environment variables.

I figured it out. However, I still can't get a "rake db:migrate" to work,
due to the "can't activate actionpack (= 1.13.6, runtime), already activated
actionpack-2.2.2" issue which already has a Lighthouse ticket. Any idea?

Just to be sure, I add the list of gems I have installed and which are used:

actionmailer (2.2.2)
actionpack (2.2.2, 1.13.6)
actionwebservice (1.2.6)
activerecord (2.2.2, 1.15.6)
activeresource (2.2.2)
activesupport (2.2.2, 1.4.4)
cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.5.0)
columnize (0.3.0)
daemons (1.0.10)
fastthread (1.0.1)
flexmock (0.8.4)
gem_plugin (0.2.3)
htmlentities (4.0.0)
json (1.1.3)
linecache (0.43)
mongrel (1.1.5)
mongrel_cluster (1.0.5)
mysql (2.7)
passenger (2.0.6)
postgres (
rack (0.9.1)
rails (2.2.2)
rails-app-installer (0.2.0)
rake (0.8.3)
rspec (1.1.12)
ruby-debug (0.10.3)
ruby-debug-base (0.10.3)
ruby-debug-ide (0.4.4)
sqlite3-ruby (1.2.4)
typo (5.2)
will_paginate (2.2.2)

So you can see, both versions of actionpack are installed.

I'd really like to spend some free time after work (where I do Java EE all
day) on Typo and Rails. There are some small itches I'd like to scratch
myself in Typo and of it's any good, you're happy to have them.