[typo] wordpress converter

Jay Levitt lists-typo at jay.fm
Wed Apr 29 07:51:28 EDT 2009

de Villamil Frédéric wrote:

> Including unpacked gems into Typo was a way for us to make the install
> process easier with by including lots of dependencies into the core
> application. It sounded like a good idea, until it crashed somewhere.

This may count as "vaguest suggestion ever", but didn't I see Something
Somewhere Recently about application templates, development vs. production
gem dependencies, rails app-installers, etc. - maybe as part of Rails 2.3
-that would create a better compromise between "we can't possibly ensure
that typo works on an N*M matrix of gem combinations" and "I want to take
advantage of the latest gems automatically"?

I just went through a similar problem importing Movable Type into first-time
Typo blog; typo includes RedCloth3 (3.0.3 or 3.0.4 I think), and the newest
RedCloth 4 fixes a number of long-standing bugs.  Since MT uses a non-Ruby
version of Textile, all my entries were formatted for "proper" Textile, and
RedCloth 3 made them look really ugly... took a while to figure out why.

Jay