[typo] Referencing an image from within a CSS file of a theme

Tobias Weisserth tobias.weisserth at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 05:57:19 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I can't figure out something that's probably not that complicated. Maybe you
can sort this out easily for me.

I have a theme called "mytheme" residing in themes/mytheme. That theme
folder looks like this:

                             \... (some stuff)
                                                      \application.css (this
is included in the main layout and works)

\basemod.css (this is included from within application.css and works)

Now, within basemod.css I am doing this:

  #header { padding: 323px 2em 1em 20px; color: #000; background: #000
url(../../images/bg_header.jpg) no-repeat scroll left top; }

But when running Typo using Mongrel (from within Netbeans 6.5) I am getting
this when it tries to access the bg_header.jpg file:

Processing ThemeController#stylesheets (for at 2009-04-05
11:52:06) [GET]
  Parameters: {"filename"=>"images/bg_header.jpg"}
  Trigger Load (0.1ms)   SELECT * FROM `triggers` WHERE (due_at <=
'2009-04-05 11:52:06')
  Blog Load (0.1ms)   SELECT * FROM `blogs` ORDER BY id LIMIT 1
Completed in 6ms (View: 0, DB: 1) | 404 Not Found [

What is the correct way to refer to files in the images directory from
within stylesheets? Why is the request going to http:localhost and not
http://localhost:3000 where Mongrel is running? Calling the request URL with
port 3000 directly within the browser does not work anyway, but I'm curious.

Any help is welcome. Thanks!

Tobias W.