[typo] db:create gives "Unknown database"

Arun Gupta arun.gupta at gmail.com
Thu May 29 23:41:34 EDT 2008

> First you need to modify the database.yml so it has permission to access
> typo_dev typo_tests or typo.
>
> If  you want to run with root that's fine.
Yep, that's fine with me since first I want to get the feel of Typo.

> at a shell prompt type,
>
> mysqladmin create typo
> mysqladmin create typo_dev
> mysqladmin create typo_tests
>
> then you can try rake db:create
I know mysqladmin command.

AIU the main point of db:create is to create the database. Since Rails
2.0, I've never use mysqladmin command to create the database and
always used db:create. I'm still confused why I need to explicitly
create the database using mysqladmin.

-Arun