[typo] db:create gives "Unknown database"

Arun Gupta arun.gupta at gmail.com
Thu May 29 12:09:28 EDT 2008

>> Is it mandatory to use production database ?
> No it's for your production mode. Because with the production
> database, there are too production configuration about cache by
> example. So it's advise to use production environnement for a blog not
> use for developpement.
Ok, I was trying it on my local so thought of trying the development
mode to begin with.

Even with production mode, I'm getting:

-- cut here --
(in /Users/arungupta/samples/jruby/typo-5.0.3)
rake aborted!
#42000Unknown database 'typo'

-- cut here --

>> The command below should generate the development database, isn't it ?
> This commande create the database. But your user are right for create it ?
I'm using the database.yml bundled with Typo 5.0.3 and MySQL is also
default (username: root, password: <blank>).