[typo] Typo 5.0.3 with Rails 2.1 ?

Scott Likens damm at livid.dk
Wed Jun 25 17:47:46 EDT 2008

Hi Arun,

I see this topic was touched on but I figured hey... let's beat it to
death!

Typically with major version changes of the "Rails" Core, from 2.0 to
2.1, the application needs to be "ported" to the new version.
Depending on the changes this may be easy, or painful.

However, when going from Rails 1.2.3 to Rails 1.2.6, the application
should work with minimal issues; there may be some issues that
undesirable functionality, something not working right.  It is the
unfortunate design of Ruby on Rails.

When someone develops an application or creates it with the 'rails'
command, it's basically destined for the version of  rails that they
have installed.  Until said person, or someone else 'ports' the
application to Ruby on Rails 2.1 in this case.

Long story short, when an application says it requires Ruby on Rails
2.0.2 or 2.0.3, it's generally suggested to run with that exact
version to get the optimal results.