[typo] db:create gives "Unknown database"

Arun Gupta arun.gupta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:07:39 EDT 2008

Thanks Michael,

Your statement is bringing sanity back to me :)

Since Rails 2.0 (now 2.1), I've always created database using
db:create. I was wondering why it just does not work with Typo but the
bug report seems to make some sense. Now the weird thing is that
config/environment.rb has:

config.active_record.observers = :email_notifier, :web_notifier

so the bug reports are not valid in this particular case. It seems
there is something more to it. Guess I'll blog about it.