[typo] typo admin authentication problems

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Sat Jul 19 19:29:34 EDT 2008

Le 18 juil. 08 à 22:52, Anirudha Jadhav a écrit :

> Hello ,
>
> I am currently modifying typo to make a blog.
>
> I am  working on a windows machine, with svn. after making changes
> and committing them. I updated the repo on my server.
>
> everything works properly, but I cannot login to my admin section,
> username and password are correct, to errors  here, but the page
> redirects to login again.
>
> could anyone please direct me to a cause for this, or how to fix this.
>
> Also what is the best way to add a controller and view (a new tab to
> the admin panel).
>
> thanks

Hello,

For your authentication issue, are you sure your database is up to
date ? Latest Typo version introduces roles for users and DB needs to
be migrated using rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=your_environment.

Adding a new controller is not easy as it used to be :
– Add the controller in app/controllers/admin
– Add the corresponding views into app/controllers/admin/yourcontroller
– Add a new module in config/initializers/access_control.rb

And you're done.

Cheers,
Frédéric
--