[typo] Deploying Ruby on Rails Applications

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Thu Jul 17 08:39:08 EDT 2008

> The documentation is fine. The only problem is that there is no
> single orthodox solution. I see that as a strength, but it does mean
> that some expertise is required to choose your recipe. You (Chet)
> are right in the sense that for the beginner, a working typo blog is
> probably not as easy to get to as a working php-based blog. For
> anyone who knows what they're doing there's really no difference and
> the rails model is much easier to maintain.
> Most of this is general to rails so it's also worth mentioning that
> Frédéric is very diligent and responsive and the software is good.
> He deserves more appreciation, i think.

Regarding the dcumentation, I've started to refactor the one we have
and published some. I'm taking the doc back on the redmin, and will
move *.typosphere.org on it but the blog.

If someone here have the time to proofread this :

I will add docs on deploying Typo under various things tonight :
– Apache + mod_rails
– Apache + fastcgi
– Apache + mongrel
– Nginx + Thin
– Nginx + Fastcgi
– Nginx + mongrel
– Lighttpd + fastcgi
– Lighttpd + Thin
– Lighttpd + mongrel

However, we do officially recommend and support mod_rails as the best
and easiest way to run any Rails app.

Regarding my appreciation, I know I've made some mistakes (5.0 was one
of them : relying too much on the tests and not testing in production
mode enough). However, I prefer having negative feedback as long as
it's argumented and documented, it's much better than just "yay, your
appz is so cool" when you want to improve things.

Frédéric de Villamil
http://fredericdevillamil.com             Typo : http://typosphere.org