[typo] Deploying Ruby on Rails Applications (was: Re: Can't update feeds?)

Kevin Williams kevwil at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 20:43:27 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Scott Likens <damm at livid.dk> wrote:

> If thin supported Streaming (Not Media, but the Mongrel Extension) it would
> be something I would have no issue using.  I've mentioned that to the author
> of Thin and we'll see how that goes.

Thin depends on the eventmachine library, which is not great for
uploads because it is more of a fire-and-forget event-driven
architecture and long-running requests mess it up. Mongrel is better
at uploads. There is a solution for this for Merb users:
http://brainspl.at/articles/2008/04/18/deferred-requests-with-merb-ebb-and-thin
I have no idea if something like this can be used in a Rails app, but
that would be up to Rails/Typo to make that happen.