[typo] Can't update feeds?

Michel R Vaillancourt michel at jkl5group.com
Tue Jul 15 20:04:46 EDT 2008

Chet Farmer wrote:

> Sure, but "LAMP" has been extended to mean most Linux + Apache + (some
> open source DB) + (some interprested language). I've seen stuff with
> Perl or Python plus Postgres referred to as "LAMP" b/c the
> installation was a simple matter of bringing up another virtual host
> under apache and installing the right module. Follow?
>
> Typo is part of a whole different tradition (the Rails world). I don't
> fault it just because of that; I just dislike the additional complexity.
    Hi, Chet.  I'm running Apache2, Ruby on Rails for my blog
(http://blog.jkl5group.com) and honestly, I found the install trivial...

In /etc/apache2/sites-available I have "vhost.jkl5group.com" which contains:

 - - - - - - -
<VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
  ServerName blog.jkl5group.com

  # Change this to your email address
  ServerAdmin webmaster at jkl5group.com

  # Change these to be valid paths for your host.  The DocumentRoot path
  # isn't very important because we don't actually use it for anything.
  # For security's sake, it's best that it points to an empty directory,
  # but that's not critical.
  DocumentRoot /home/jkl5groupcom/public_html/blog
  ErrorLog /home/jkl5groupcom/webLogs.d/blog_error.log
  CustomLog /home/jkl5groupcom/webLogs.d/blog_access.log combined

  ServerSignature On

  # This is the important part--it sets up proxying.
  ProxyRequests Off
  <Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
  </Proxy>

  ProxyPass / http://webhost.mydomain.ca:4820/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://webhost.mydomain.ca:4820/
  ProxyPreserveHost On
</VirtualHost>

 - - - - - - -

In /etc/init.d I have "typo_jkl5blog" which contains:

 - - - - - - -
typo start /home/jkl5groupcom/public_html/jkl5blog

... "It Just Works".  I'm not getting "hundreds of hits per second", of
course, but really, this is working just fine.  Let me know if you need
a bit of info or advice.

--

	--Michel R Vaillancourt
	JKL-5 Telephony Services