[typo] Can't update feeds?

Robert Sanford wobbet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 23:50:54 EDT 2008

Delivering a patch would imply that I could actually write Ruby code
which I would love to be able to do at some point but my brain is
currently stuck in C#, Java and Python...

Like I said (or hoped to at least imply) in my email I've been
following Typo but haven't actually used it after my first attempt
over a year ago (much has changed). It still intrigues me so I am
writing back. I am hopeful that Typo will continue to improve as it
has over the past year.

The biggest issues that I had involved installation and configuration.
Rails applications a year ago were not well supported in shared
hosting environments which I was using at the time. I know that
progress has been made by Engine Yard and others on this but it isn't
a standard setup. That isn't a Typo issue at all.

The lack of support for client software was a killer. Obviously you've
done quite a bit of work on that.

As you noted in your response to Chet there have been caching issues
which, while recently fixed, have been annoying. There seems (my
current perception which may not be grounded in fact) to be one issue
similar to that every two or three "releases" that get quickly fixed
but affect users.

One thing that seems odd to me is that for what seems to be one of the
top three blog server applications written in Rails (see Mephisto and
Radiant) the level of traffic on the list seems really, really low.
The apparent level of interest makes me take a second look and wonder

Compared to full-blown CMS applications such as Joomla and Drupal the
feature set is pretty small.

Ruby doesn't scale :)