[typo] (no subject)

Zac Williams zac at zacwilliams.com
Sat Jan 26 16:53:20 EST 2008

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I could not find a
very effective search tool for the archives.

I have discovered that it is possible to override the standard view
templates by creating your own version of the template in the theme/
<your-theme>/views directory (for example creating theme/<my-theme>/
views/articles/read.html.erb will override the app/views/articles/
read.html.erb template).

However, it does not appear that this works for partials.  (When I
create themes/<my-theme>/views/articles/_comment_box.html.erb it does
NOT override the app/views/articles/_comment_box.html.erf.

Is this behavior intended?  I would think that if you can override
the non-partial templates, then the desired behavior would be that
the partial templates could also be overridden.  Thanks for any
comments.