[typo] Mysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Jonas Elfström jonelf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 04:53:58 EST 2008

Hello,

This might have very little to do with Typo but suddenly my connection
to mysql isn't working (it might have happened after an apt-get update
but I'm not sure).

When I try to access my blog it fails and in the log it says:
Mysql::Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query: SELECT *
FROM articles LIMIT 1

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Running:
Ubuntu
Rails 1.1.4
mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.22, for pc-linux-gnu (i486) using readline 5.1
mongrel

If I log in to the database with
mysql -u user -p
with the same credentials as in database.yml it works like a charm. I
also tried adding socket: in database.yml.

--
Jonas Elfström