[typo] Trunk DELETED my Blog folder

Petri Wessman orava at iki.fi
Wed Jan 2 03:49:18 EST 2008

Piers Cawley wrote:
> On 12/31/07, Ben Reubenstein <benr at x-cr.com> wrote:
>> It also DELETES /tmp if you are running as a privileged user (I was testing
>> something)... This is a confirmed bug via #typo added ticket to trac.
> Ah... I know what's causing that. For some reason, I thought
> FileUtil::tmpdir made a unique temporary directory (it certainly does
> under OS X). That part, at least, should be quick to fix. What OS are
> you on?

Happened to me, too. Upgrade of my own blog from 4.x went fine, then
tried to upgrade my wife's and... kablooey. Whole blog dir gone, and
system /tmp also. Got a serious case of hacker paranoia before I
convinced myself it *had* to be some weird typo bug. Good to hear it
confirmed, in a way -- and good that I had backups.

I'm running (Gentoo) Linux and mySQL.