[typo] 5.0.3 error: NoMethodError in ArticlesController#index

R. N. Dominick rdominick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:41:18 EST 2008

I recently used svn to update to Typo 5.0.3. After the update I'm
getting a 500 Server Error when trying to go to the home page of my
blog (http://blog.peekle.net), even though I can use the admin just
fine. I ran under WEBrick and got the error in the subject line.
Further info (a capture from Lynx):

                                  Action Controller: Exception caught (p1 of 8)

                   NoMethodError in ArticlesController#index

The error occurred while evaluating nil.lang

   RAILS_ROOT: /home/xxxx/typo

app/controllers/application.rb:46:in `load_lang'

vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:469:in `send!'
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:469:in `call'
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:441:in `run'
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:718:in `run_before_fil
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:697:in `call_filters'
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:691:in `perform_action
vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:68:in `perform_ac
-- press space for next page --
  Arrow keys: Up and Down to move.  Right to follow a link; Left to go back.

Anyone know what's going on here? I'm stumped.