[typo] [ANN] Typo 5.0.3

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Mon Feb 25 02:32:30 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 4:25 AM, Kevin Williams <kevwil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's my status report.
>
>  With both the action_controller.fragment_cache_store set to
>  :mem_cache_store and CachedModel.use_memcache = true, I get 500 errors
>  at times, especially when using the admin console. If I grep for
>  /Error/ in my logs there are a number of different ones, so I'm not
>  sure what the error is.
>
>  Before upgrading today, I had
>  config.action_controller.fragment_cache_store commented out and
>  CachedModel.use_memcache set to false. Right now I'm running with the
>  fragment_cache_store set to the original :file_store.
>
>  I think most of my caching problems stem from my numerous attempts to
>  use memcache as the cache.
>
>  One final thing. In /admin/resources/list, the sub-nav menu doesn't
>  seem to have the new 'Manage foo' names.

Ah, memcache support hasn't been a priority with us because we're
expecting to see Typo deployed in places where there is no memcache
available (my blog's currently running on a site that doesn't even let
me run mongrel or thin, it's fcgi all the way). Our recent cache
fixing spree has been focussed on getting page caching and sweeping
working correctly because the more pages that get served without
touching typo, the better. Looking at your blog's sidebar, you should
be able to switch to page caching with impunity.