[typo] [ANN] Typo 5.0.3

Frederic de Villamil frederic at de-villamil.com
Sun Feb 24 11:56:24 EST 2008

Hello,

Typo 5.0.3 "Don Mc Cullin" released on February 2008 the 24th is
mostly a bugfix and refactoring release, going along with some
improvements, everything leading slowly but surely to 5.1.

*** Less bugs, more speed ***

Typo has never been so fast and so bugless as well. We've rewriten
most of the caching engine, and it's now running flawlessly. Our
effort to speed up the code has also been pursued and we can be proud
of what we're releasing.

*** Brand new editor ***

The blog editor has been rewriten too, to be more functionnal and user
friendly. We've also switched the rich text editor from TinyMCE to
FCKEditor for 4 important features :
– Fullscreen edition (kicks ass baby)
– Spellchecking
– Safari compatibility
– Impressive localization

*** More localisation ***

We're continuing the localization effort to port Typo in your
language. Default themes has been localized, and we now provide up to
8 languages :
– English (default)
– French
– German
– Italian
– Japanese
– Mexican Spanish
– Polish
– Romanian

Many thanks to all the translators. Currently, only French translation
is really complete.

*** No gem? ***

We won't provide you the habitual gem we used to. Rails app installer
– formerly known as Typo installer – is brocken with Rails 2.0.2 and
Typo instances installed this way just don't work.

We hope you'll enjoy Typo 5.0.3 as much as we enjoyed bringing it to
you.

Cheers,
Frédéric de Villamil / neuro`