[typo] Typo on mongrel + apache + ubuntu

Pat Ferrel pat at occamsmachete.com
Sat Feb 16 11:17:05 EST 2008

I have typo running on mongrel proxied thru apache2.  But I have two
problems:
* If a page request comes in while mongrel/typo is down I get an error but
when typo comes back up I see it on the port mongrel uses but
apachecontinues to give the error.  I have to restart apache to get things
back in sync.  Why?
* What form should my sysv init.d scripts take?  I created the one below to
get around my apache restart problem but I see other talk about starting
mongrel instead of typo on reboot.  Which is right?  Can someone point me to
a good init.d script that can be used for typo?

#!/bin/bash
# Starts the ruby mongrel server that runs the occamsmachete blog
#

case "$1" in
start)  cd /home/pat/blog
        typo start .
    /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
        ;;
stop)   cd /home/pat/blog
        typo stop .
        ;;
restart)  cd /home/pat/blog
        typo restart .
    /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
        ;;
sweep_cache)  cd /home/pat/blog
        typo sweep_cache .
        ;;
*)  log_action_msg "Usage: /etc/init.d/typo
{start|stop|restart|sweep_cache}"
        exit 2
        ;;
esac
exit 0

I guess this is a mongrel question but thought I¹d try first here in case
another typo user has run into this.