[typo] Templating & Documentation

Tobias Weisserth tobias.weisserth at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 10:15:20 EST 2008

Hi Frederic,
Wow. :-) It must be Christmas already! Thank you for replying that detailed.

I already had a github account, but yesterday I started getting involved a
little bit more by forking Typo, so I can follow the current source tree and
have the chance to send patches back upstream.

The work on my first template is progressing fine in general (it already
works satisfying in 5.1.3), thanks to Scribbish being a good model to look
at when starting something new. Right now, I'm dealing with a couple of
details I haven't understood yet. For example, when linking
the style-sheet in the layout.html.erb:

<%= stylesheet_link_tag '/stylesheets/theme/application.css', :media =>
'all' %>

The 'theme' string does not appear on the live site in the path. Is this
some kind of placeholder mechanism? How exactly does it work?

I also want to create some href tags programmatically like

<%= link_to this_blog.blog_name, this_blog.base_url %>

but pointing to the admin page instead.

I haven't yet understood how the view dispatching works in Typo with
templates, but my next step would be to look at the code and work my way
through the code, so I can understand what's available and what I might need
to add myself.

I noticed your activity at github yesterday and I have to say that I've got
a very good feeling about Typo. I think there's a lot of potential in it. I
hope I can add to it.

thanks and a happy holiday season,