[typo] Templating & Documentation

Tobias Weisserth tobias.weisserth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 06:34:48 EST 2008

Hi everybody,
I am new to Typo and just started using it. I chose Typo because I'm sick of
hacking PHP applications which look good on the outside but stink on the
inside.

So, my first question is about documentation. Where do I start? I want to
know about how to write templates for Typo and I want to add Plugins and
maybe even hack core files. Is there something like an API documentation?

I already got some nice results by creating a template and comparing it to
the ones coming with Typo. However, I want to do more:

* I want to be able to place (specific) plugins (like the "Pages" plugin)
outside of the sidebar partial. So, it would be nice to have another custom
partial to place plugins in (for example a horizontal aligned area).

* I need to know where to find information about what method calls are
useful for template creation. Is there a place where I can read about that?

Thanks!

Tobias