[typo] How to restore a Typo database?

Anton J Aylward aja at si.on.ca
Thu Dec 4 12:13:03 EST 2008

Back in July I tried, unsuccessfully, to upgrade my Typo blog at
Dreamhost to 5.1.  As a result of that failure I experimented with
Typo-5.1.2 on my laptop and the ensuing discussion about problems with
sqlite appeared here.  All that is beside the point now - no reason to
revisit it!

I've been occupied with other matters in the interim but am returning to
this now.

I have a working but empty MySQL-based Typo-5 running at Dreamhost.
Somewhere along the line I managed to dump out the old database as one
big YAML file -

It has everything it it.  (I think)
It begins ...

pings: []

page_caches: []

- is_primary:
  category_id: "4"
  article_id: "14"
- is_primary:
  category_id: "3"
  article_id: "14"
- is_primary:
  category_id: "1"
  article_id: "14"
- is_primary:
  category_id: "4"
  article_id: "15"

The trouble is that I don't know how I created it and I don't know how
to get it back into the new - empty - database, or even if it would
"fit".  Its obviously not broken up into the individual files, one for
each table. like a fixture.

I'm not Rails or Typo savvy enough to know what to do with this.
I've run "rake -T" and I don't see anything obvious  there which
accounts for this or tells me what I can do to restore it.

Any suggestions?  Anyone offer help?

Parents complain that "kids don't do anything for themselves anymore."
Then they write letters to the board demanding that the schools do
something about it. -- Arnold Lapiner