[typo] How to restore a Typo database?

Anton J Aylward aja at si.on.ca
Thu Dec 4 12:13:03 EST 2008

Back in July I tried, unsuccessfully, to upgrade my Typo blog at
Dreamhost to 5.1.  As a result of that failure I experimented with
Typo-5.1.2 on my laptop and the ensuing discussion about problems with
sqlite appeared here.  All that is beside the point now - no reason to
revisit it!

I've been occupied with other matters in the interim but am returning to
this now.

I have a working but empty MySQL-based Typo-5 running at Dreamhost.
Somewhere along the line I managed to dump out the old database as one
big YAML file -

typo/db/backup/backup-20080729-0732.yml

It has everything it it.  (I think)
It begins ...

---
pings: []

page_caches: []

articles_categories:
- is_primary:
  category_id: "4"
  article_id: "14"
- is_primary:
  category_id: "3"
  article_id: "14"
- is_primary:
  category_id: "1"
  article_id: "14"
- is_primary:
  category_id: "4"
  article_id: "15"

The trouble is that I don't know how I created it and I don't know how
to get it back into the new - empty - database, or even if it would
"fit".  Its obviously not broken up into the individual files, one for
each table. like a fixture.

I'm not Rails or Typo savvy enough to know what to do with this.
I've run "rake -T" and I don't see anything obvious  there which
accounts for this or tells me what I can do to restore it.

Any suggestions?  Anyone offer help?

--
Parents complain that "kids don't do anything for themselves anymore."
Then they write letters to the board demanding that the schools do