[typo] Problems with upgrade

Matijs van Zuijlen matijs at matijs.net
Mon Aug 11 09:36:01 EDT 2008

Anton J Aylward wrote:
> Am I to conclude that Blog.base_url is critical?
> For some reason that bothers me.
> If I fill that in now and Dreamhost reorganizes their machine structure
> or recovers from a crash and my account ends up on a machine with a
> different IP then thigns are broken, right?

IP != URL, luckily, or the web wouldn't work. Your base_url would be
http://emergence.antonaylward.com/ or something. That won't change if
your IP changes.

> This seems a fragile design decision.

It's not that fragile. That said, I don't like it much either :-). As
far as I can tell, it's partly a left-over from when multi-blog support
was still on the table. Now that typo is definitively single-blog (at
least, I think it is) I have a feeling it should be possible to get rid
of it.

Regards,
Matijs.