[typo] profiles (confusion about :signup)

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Mon Aug 11 09:33:27 EDT 2008

Le 9 août 08 à 22:41, Tim Prentis a écrit :

> I've been scouring the code (Typo 5.1.2) and trying to find the intent
> for the accounts/signup feature (other that setting the first user as
> administrator).  The default profile is set to "contributor" in
> user.rb
> model and I see how the profile.modules seem to work.  However,
> whenever
> I test a new additional user "signup" I am presented with the login
> screen after I have successfully "signed up".  Then, the login does
> not
> work, the system keeps rendering a new login screen and the new user
> is
> unable to do anything other than go back to the general typo blog
> viewer
> via the link "Back to Your Blog" (or whatever the link says at the
> bottom of the login screen.
> Is this the appropriate behavior or is this portion not yet
> finished?  I
> want contributors to be able to submit "draft" articles so I can
> review
> and then use my administrator rights to edit and publish/approve their
> articles.
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
> Tim
> --

Hi Tim,

contributors do not have publishing rights, only access to :
– Dashboard
– Their profile
– Their comments (as far as I remember)

The idea behind contributors is to allow people to register, edit
their profile and comment when logged in. Further functionnalities
will come later, including :
– per user page displaying your content.
– more detailed profile page

Having people who can only publish drafts is an interesting feature I
may add someday. For now I also plan to allow admin to set up the
modules accessible by the different roles, but this will only
avaliable... later, when I have time.

Frédéric de Villamil
http://fredericdevillamil.com             Typo : http://typosphere.org