[typo] profiles (confusion about :signup)

Tim Prentis ruby-forum-incoming at andreas-s.net
Sat Aug 9 16:41:55 EDT 2008

I've been scouring the code (Typo 5.1.2) and trying to find the intent
for the accounts/signup feature (other that setting the first user as
administrator).  The default profile is set to "contributor" in user.rb
model and I see how the profile.modules seem to work.  However, whenever
I test a new additional user "signup" I am presented with the login
screen after I have successfully "signed up".  Then, the login does not
work, the system keeps rendering a new login screen and the new user is
unable to do anything other than go back to the general typo blog viewer
via the link "Back to Your Blog" (or whatever the link says at the
bottom of the login screen.

Is this the appropriate behavior or is this portion not yet finished?  I
want contributors to be able to submit "draft" articles so I can review
and then use my administrator rights to edit and publish/approve their

Any help is greatly appreciated!