[typo] Problems with upgrade

Esteban Manchado velázquez ruby-forum-incoming at andreas-s.net
Thu Aug 7 16:23:48 EDT 2008

Anton Aylward wrote:
> I also get
> ActionView::TemplateError (Couldn't find template file for
> /sidebars/sidebar/_content in ["~/typo5/themes/typographic/views",
> "/~typo5/app/views"]) on
> line #27 of themes/typographic/layouts/default.html.erb:
> 24:       <%= render :partial => 'shared/search' %>
> 25:
> 26:       <!-- sidebar components -->
> 27:       <%= render_sidebars %>
> 28:     </div>
> 29:
> 30:     <div id="content">

I had the same problem, and found the solution (at least it worked for
me). The problem is that some leftovers in the sidebars table are left,
probably in the upgrade migrations.

What you have to do is open the console (in production environment or
whatever other environment you're using for your blog) and remove the
sidebars that have undefined "type" (= nil). This line should do:

Sidebar.find(:all, :order => 'active_position ASC').find_all {|s|
s.type.nil?}.each {|s| s.destroy}

(Yeah, the line could be simpler, I just copy-pasted the line I just
used, while I was experimenting)