[typo] Dancing on the edge

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Mon Sep 24 03:04:19 EDT 2007

So, inspired by DHH's keynote at Railsconf Europe, I've set aside my
current work on RESTful administration and the like, in favour of
trying to get Typo ready to play with Rails 2.0.

I'd expected most of the problems to arise because of our routing
stuff, but that seems to have gone pretty cleanly. The pain point is
actually to do with themes.

Basically, themes work by monkey patching Rails's (undocumented)
innards, and, what do you know, some of those innards have changed.

However, I'm starting to get a handle on what I need to do to make
themes work again. Watch this space.