[typo] anyone do a twitter plugin?

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Mon Sep 24 02:59:32 EDT 2007

On 21/09/2007, Warner Onstine <warnero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Doh, that would do it. Keep thinking of badges in the old sense of
> "Hey guess what I'm using!".
> -warner
> On 9/20/07, Linda Derezinski <linda-list at i-sol.biz> wrote:
> > I'm not sure what level of integration you are looking for, but
> > twitter has html badges for your current tweets, friends etc.  Just
> > put that html content in the body of a Static.

The badge approach is definitely the way to go with these sorts of
things. Anything where a sidebar has to go off to another site to
build its fragment is guaranteed to make page rendering slow. Also,
it's guaranteed to force the expiry time of the page down towards

I'm seriously thinking of setting a 'rule' sidebars should contain no
content that needs to change on a schedule other than that of the blog
itself - if you need something that does change more frequently, write
the javascript and populate the fragment asynchronously. The catch is
that there's, currently, no way to make an AJAX call to a sidebar's
controller, but be assured it's something I want to be able to do.