[typo] True Line numbering reference

alain monteleon alain.monteleon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 21:54:12 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm a beginner in Ruby and currently working on finding a solution to the
current text filter code distributed with typo. It is a matter of personal
preference and not an issue or a bug. I wanted to use true line number
reference starting at a given line number when posting code blocks. If you
get a free minute, please look at my post at this url (
http://isi-p.com/articles/2007/09/14/wicked-sexy-ruby-codes ) where I
explained what I've done so far. The solution that I have does not eliminate
overflow problems with various browsers. I think that using ordered list
instead of tables should do the trick, however with my limited Ruby
knowledge I'm stuck.

I've added an additional attribute after line#36 of the
typo_textfilter_code.rb
listline   = attrib['listline']

then I added a control block to check if it is in use

if(listline)
  lines = text.split(/\n/)
  for line in lines do
  listlines += "<li>#{line}</li>"
text = "<ol start=\"#{listline}\">#{listlines}</ol>"
end

The problem is I don't know how to test this outside of the web environment
and my website is down each mistake I make.

 Any advise on any part of this would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,
Mon